There is no season of the year that does not pose a threat to our eye health. During the winter months the eyes tend to be more sensitive due to temperature changes caused by the cold and heating. This is related to a lower production of tears and a considerable decrease in ocular lubrication. Today we give you some recommendations to take care of your eyes in winter and deal with dry eyes.
- Approved sunglasses. Its use in winter is important to prevent the tears from evaporating with the cold and the wind. You have to try to cover the eye completely. This is important especially if they are clear or in the case of children, since they are more vulnerable to the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- Blink frequently. It allows to keep the eyes hydrated to avoid dryness and irritation.
- Exercise your eyes. Help reduce the risk of them getting tired by constantly forcing them to maintain focus. It is advisable to look at a point far from where you are, at least every 20 minutes. This will relax the muscles that help you focus up close.
- Include beneficial foods for the eyes in the diet. Foods high in vitamins C and E, zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin, and the omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA are good for both eye and general health. Citrus, vegetable oils, nuts, Whole grains, dark coloured vegetables and cold water fish are excellent for eye health.
- Using artificial tears. The use of eye drops helps prevent dry eyes.
Taking care of the eyes in winter at Omiq
If you have followed all the advice and the eye discomfort continues, you need to consult a specialist.
In our OMIQ clinics, we have an area specifically dedicated to this pathology to guarantee the best diagnosis and give the appropriate treatment in each case.
After an initial comprehensive evaluation, our specialists prepare a personalized 60 to 90 day treatment plan, with results at after 30 days. The sessions include the use of high intensity pulsed light with ThermaeyeTM technology, the latest breakthrough for the treatment of moderate and severe Dry Eye Syndrome. This innovative technique achieves effective, fast and safe results when the pathology does not respond to conventional therapies.
For more information you can call Tel/ 93 619 71 17 or send an email to email@example.com.