On Monday, May 25, Omiq returns to its assistance activity. Following the recommendations of the “Departament de Salut” of the Generalitat de Catalunya and the Col-legi d’Oficial d’Òptics Optometristes de Catalunya, we reactivate our service. The agendas are open to visit our patients following the conditions established by the Order SND/388/2020 published in the BOE last May 3.
This order requires compliance with certain organizational and hygiene requirements, which we have been working on throughout this period and which are detailed below.
In our offices, as usual, we have all the necessary protective measures and we carry out sanitization and disinfection processes. Our priority, now more than ever, is to provide a safe and infection-free environment to ensure maximum safety for our patients and staff.
- Patients will only be seen by appointment after completing a health questionnaire.
- Installation of protective screens at the reception area.
- Safety distance of 2 m from the reception desk.
- Adequacy of the waiting room to respect the 2-meter distance between patients.
- Access to the consultation area restricted to medical personnel.
Patient hygiene requirements
- The patient must attend the consultation alone.
- Children under 14 years of age may be accompanied by an adult.
- Attend the consultation without bracelets, rings or earrings, and with the essential personal items.
- It is essential to arrive on time for the visit.
- Supply of hydroalcoholic gel,
- Provision of masks, gloves and coveralls.
- Temperature measurement.
- Preferably pay by credit card to reduce viral contamination.
- Supplying all clinic personnel, ophthalmologists, optometrists and administrative personnel with the appropriate material and equipment in each case.
- Update of information and training to all personnel on the new protocols.
As we had already advanced, we will be calling all patients with scheduled visits during the period of strict confinement, as well as those who were pending a review, to give them preference and to be able to resolve the required treatment as soon as possible.