People who wear contact lenses in the summer should take special care and precautions. Summer vacation is one of the most anticipated times of the year. Disconnecting from work, resting, enjoying the good weather, making lots of plans with family and friends, etc. By this time of the year you probably already have the vacation mode activated, and if not, you will have very little time left to turn it on. If you wear contact lenses, in today’s post, we give you some tips to take the best care of your eyes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using contact lenses in summer.
- Wear sunglasses to prevent the eye and contact lenses from drying out due to solar radiation.
- Avoid using other people’s towels.
- Be especially careful with children, as they are more sensitive to irritation than adults.
- Avoid sleeping with contact lenses in.
- Avoid swimming with contact lenses.
- Switch from contact lenses to glasses whenever possible.
- Always carry eye drops.
- Choose summer contact lenses equipped with ultraviolet (UV) protection.
Finally, don’t forget to make an appointment once you have returned for a general health check of your vision. We look forward to seeing you back at the clinic, have a great vacation!